WELCOME TO JODIE'S BLOG! This blog is for those people who I keep promising to send photos to, for those people I've briefly shared my chocolate travel experiences with and promised more when I get a chance, and for those who are simply interested in the world of chocolate.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PATRICK ROGER - Chocolate Laboratory - Paris









A highlight of my chocolate career has been a visit to the new chocolate laboratory of Patrick Roger, MOF, in Paris. I've watched Patrick grow over the last five years, and am continually amazed by his fresh and innovative ideas ... uniquely able to sit left of mainstream, he is a chocolate genius! My visit coincided with his
creation of a collection commemorating the
anniversary of the coming down of the
Berlin Wall. Large chocolate pieces replicated sections of the Wall, along with chocolate graffiti 'spray cans' (with an almond inside, so when they shook they actually
sounded like a paint can being
shaken!).The enormous polar bears and dancing lady had to be seen to be believed.


















When I asked Patrick how he was enjoying the luxury of the enormous new laboratory space, he responded 'it's great .... but space isn't a luxury, having people to help you is real luxury". Only fellow chocolatiers will understand the gravity of this!!
patrickroger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment